2016년 7월 3일 일요일

The House of the Trees & Other Poems 1

The House of the Trees & Other Poems 1



The House of the Trees & Other Poems
Author: Ethelwyn Wetherald
 
Contents
The House of the Trees Page 3
 
The Sun on the Trees 4
 
Moonlight 5
 
Pine Needles 6
 
The Sound of the Axe 7
 
The Prayer of the Year 9
 
The Hay Field 10
 
Twilight 12
 
The Sky Path 13
 
Fall and Spring 14
 
The Woodside Way 15
 
A Rainy Day 16
 
When Twilight Comes 17
 
Leafless April 18
 
The Visitors 19
 
Autumn Days 20
 
Woodland Worship 21
 
When Days Are Long 22
 
Out of Doors 23
 
Make Room 24
 
The Humming Bird 25
 
September 26
 
The March Orchard 28
 
The Blind Man 30
 
To the October Wind 32
 
A Midday in Midsummer 33
 
A Slow Rain 35
 
The Patient Earth 36
 
At Dawn 39
 
In the Crowd 41
 
By Fields of Grass 42
 
October 43
 
Winter 44
 
The Snow-Storm 45
 
To February 46
 
Rest 47
 
The Shy Sun 48
 
In April 49
 
Apple Blossoms 50
 
The Big Moon 51
 
The Twins 53
 
Autumn Fire 55
 
In the Grass 56
 
The Fields of Dark 57
 
Children in the City 59
 
Where Pleasures Grow 60
 
In the Heart of the Woods 61
 
Frost 62
 
The Chipmunk 63
 
Give Me the Poorest Weed 64
 
The Weeks that Walk in Green 65
 
Noonday of the Year 66
 
The Wind World 67
 
At the Window 68
 
Come Back Again 69
 
A Rainy Morning 71
 
June Apples 72
 
Beginning and End 73
 
Not at Home 75
 
The Wind of Memory 76
 
Philippa 78
 
The Student 79
 
Unspoken 80
 
Under the King 83
 
The Secret 84
 
Limitation 85
 
Three Years Old 86
 
Sometime, I Fear 88
 
Joy 89
 
In the Dark 91
 
Words 92
 
The Wind of Death 93
 
 
 
 
The House of the Trees
 
 
 
 
The House of the Trees
 
 
Ope your doors and take me in,
Spirit of the wood;
Wash me clean of dust and din,
Clothe me in your mood.
 
Take me from the noisy light
To the sunless peace,
Where at midday standeth Night,
Signing Toil’s release.
 
All your dusky twilight stores
To my senses give;
Take me in and lock the doors,
Show me how to live.
 
Lift your leafy roof for me,
Part your yielding walls,
Let me wander lingeringly
Through your scented halls.
 
Ope your doors and take me in,
Spirit of the wood;
Take me--make me next of kin
To your leafy brood.
 
 
 
 
The Sun on the Trees
 
 
The sun within the leafy woods
Is like a midday moon,
So soft upon these solitudes
Is bent the face of noon.
 
Loosed from the outside summer blaze
A few gold arrows stray;
A vagrant brilliance droops or plays
Through all the dusky day.
 
The gray trunk feels a touch of light,
While, where dead leaves are deep,
A gleam of sunshine golden white
Lies like a soul asleep.  

댓글 없음: