2016년 9월 27일 화요일

The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents 21

The Jesuit Relations and Allied Documents 21


Mon Seigneur qui auez tout fait, qui voyez tout, & qui cognoissez tout,
faites nous misericorde. O +IESVS+, fils du Tout-puissant, qui auez
pris chair humaine pour nous, qui estes né pour nous d'vne Vierge, qui
estes mort pour nous, qui estes resuscité & monté au Ciel pour nous,
vous auez promis que si on demandoit quelque chose en vostre nom que
vous l'accorderiez: ie vous supplie de tout mon cœur de donner la
nourriture à ce pauvre peuple, qui veut croire en vous, & qui vous
veut obeïr, ce peuple vous promet entierement que si vous le secourez
qu'il croira parfaitement en vous, & qu'il vous obeïra [276] de tout
son cœur, Mon Seigneur, exaucez ma prieré, ie vous presente ma vie pour
ce peuple tres content de mourir à ce qu'ils viuent, & qu'ils vous
cognoissent. Ainsi soit-il.
 
"My Lord, you who have made all, who see all and who know all, have
pity upon us. O +JESUS+, son of the All-powerful, you who have
taken human flesh for us, who were born of a Virgin for us, who
have died for us, who were resurrected and ascended into Heaven
for us, you have promised that if anything is asked in your name,
you will grant it. I beseech you with all my heart to give food
to these poor people, who wish to believe in you and to obey you.
These people promise you faithfully that, if you will help them,
they will believe entirely in you, and that they will obey you
[276] with all their hearts. My Lord, hearken to my prayer; I offer
you my life for these people, content to die that they may live and
acknowledge you. Amen."
 
A ces paroles de mourir pour eux que ie proferois pour gagner leur
affection, quoy qu'en effect ie le disois de bon cœur, mon hoste
m'arresta & me dit; retranche ces paroles, car nous t'aymons tous, & ne
desirons pas que tu meure; ie vous veux témoigner, leur repartis-ie,
que ie vous ayme, & que ie donnerois volontiers ma vie pour vostre
salut, tant c'est chose grande que d'estre sauué. Apres que i'eus faict
ceste Oraison, chacun d'eux à mains iointes, teste nuë, & les genoux
en terre, comme i'ay remarqué, profera la suiuante, que ie prononçois
deuant-eux fort posément.
 
At these words, "to die" for them, which I used to gain their
affection, although really I said it with a sincere heart, my
host stopped me and said, "Take back those words, for we all love
thee, and do not wish thee to die for us." "I wish to show you,"
I answered, "that I love you, and that I would willingly give my
life for your salvation, so great a thing is it to be saved." After
I had offered this Prayer, all of them with hands joined, heads
bare, and knees upon the ground, as I have observed, repeated the
following, which I pronounced to them with great solemnity.
 
Grand Seigneur qui auez fait le ciel & la terre, vous sçauez tout, vous
pouuez tout, ie vous promets de tout mon cœur (ie ne sçaurois vous
mentir) ie vous promets entierement, que s'il vous plaist nous donner
nostre nourriture, que ie vous obeïray cordiallement, que ie croiray
asseurément en vous, ie vous [277] promets sans feintise, que ie feray
tout ce qu'on me dira deuoir estre fait pour vostre amour, aydez nous,
vous le pouuez faire, ie feray asseurément ce qu'on m'enseignera deuoir
estre fait pour l'amour de vous, ie le promets sans feintise, ie ne
ments pas, ie ne sçaurois vous mentir, aydez nous à croire en vous
parfaictement, puis que vous estes mort pour nous. Ainsi soit il.
 
"Great Lord, you who have made heaven and earth, you know all, you
can do all. I promise you with all my heart (I could not lie to
you) I promise you wholly, that, if it pleases you to give us food,
I will obey you cheerfully, that I will surely believe in you. I
promise [277] you without deceit that I will do all that I shall be
told ought to be done for love of you. Help us, for you can do it;
I will certainly do what they shall teach me ought to be done for
your sake. I promise it without pretence, I am not lying, I could
not lie to you; help us to believe in you perfectly, for you have
died for us. Amen."
 
Ils firent tous ceste priere, & l'Apostat & le Sorcier aussi bien que
les autres, c'est à Dieu de iuger de leurs cœurs, ie leur dis après
cela qu'ils s'en allassent à la chasse auec confiance, ce qu'ils
firent, la plus part témoignans par leur visage & par leurs paroles
qu'ils auoient pris plaisir en ceste action; mais auant que d'en voir
le succez couchons en leur langue ces deux Oraisons, afin qu'on voye
l'œconomie de leurs paroles, & leur façon de s'énoncer.
 
They all offered this prayer, the Apostate and the Sorcerer as well
as the others; God alone can judge of their hearts. After this I
told them that they should go to the chase with confidence, as
they did, the greater part showing by their faces and words that
they had taken pleasure in this act. But, before finding out what
success they had, let us couch in their language these two Prayers,
in order that you may see the arrangement of their words, and their
way of expressing themselves.
 
_Nou_K_himame missi ca_ K_hichitaien missi,_
Mon Capitaine tout qui as fait tout,
 
K_hesteritamen missi, ouia batamen chaoueriminan_.
qui sçais tout, qui vois, aye pitié de nous.
 
_Iesus oucouchichai missi ca nitaouitát_
Iesus Fils out qui a faict
 
[278] _Niran ca outchi, arichiirinicasouien, niran_
de nous qui à cause es fait hõme de nous
 
_ca outchi, iriniouien iscouechich, niran ca_
qui à cause es né d'vne fille de nous, qui
 
_outchi nipien, niran ca outchi ouascou_k_hi,_
à cause es mort de no, qui à cause au ciel
 
_itoutaien; egou_ K_hisitaie, nitichenicassouini_k_i,_
es allé ainsi tu disois en mon nom
 
K_hegoueia netou tamagaouian niga chaoueri_K_an,_
quelque chose si ie suis requis i'ẽ auray pitié,
 
k_hitaia mihitin naspich ou mitchimi,_
ie te prie entierement la nourriture
 
_a richiriniou miri, ca ouitapouetasc,_
à ce peuple dõne qui veux croire en toy,
 
_ca ouipamitasc, arichiriniou_ k_hiticou_
qui te veux obeyr, ce peuple te dit
 
_naspich, ouitchihien_ k_higatapouetatin_
entièrement, si tu m'ayde ie te croyray
 
_naspich_, k_higa pamtatim naspich, Nou_k_himame_
parfaitemẽt ie t'obeïray entieremẽt mon Capitaine
 
_chaoueritamitaouitou, oui_
aye pitié de ce que ie dis, si tu
 
_michoutchi nipousin, iterimien_
veux en contrechãge ma mort penser
 
_ouirouau mag iriniouisonan, egou inousin._
quant à eux qu'ils viuent, ainsi soit-il.
 
_Noukhimame missi ca Khichitaien missi_,
My Captain all who hast made, all
 
_Khesteritamen missi, ouia batamen chaoueriminan_.
who knowest, all who seest, have pity on us.
 
_Jesus oucouchichai missi ca nitaouitât_
Jesus, the Son all who has made
 
[278]_Niran ca outchi, arichiirinicasouien, niran_
of us who because art made man, of us
 
_ca outchi, iriniouien iscouechich, niran ca_
who because art born of a maiden, of us who
 
_outchi nipien, niran ca outchi ouascoukhi,_
because hast died, of us who because to heaven
 
_itoutaien; egou Khisitaie, nitichenicassouiniki,_
art gone; thus thou saidst, in my name
 
_Khegoueia netou tamagaouian niga chaouerikan,_
any thing if I am asked on it I will have pity,
 
_khitaia mihitin naspich ou mitchimi,_
I pray thee wholly the food
 
_a richiriniou miri, ca ouitapouetasc,_
to these people give, who wish to believe in thee,
 
_ca ouipamitasc, arichiriniou khiticiou_
who wish to obey thee; these people say to thee
 
_naspich, ouitchihien khigatapouetatin_
wholly, if thou aidest me I will believe thee
 
_naspich, khiga pamtatim naspich, Noukhimame_
perfectly I will obey thee entirely my Captain
 
_chaoueritamitaouitou oui_
have pity upon what I say, if thou
 
_michoutchi nipousin, iterimien_
wish in exchange my death take care
 
_ouironau mag iriniouisonan, egou inousin._
as to them that they may live, so be it.
 
Voicy celle qu'ils prononcerent.
 
[279] _Khicheou_K_himan ca_ k_hichitaien ouascou,_
Grand Capitaine qui as faict le Ciel
 
_mag asti, missi_ k_hi_k_histeriten, missi_ K_hipicoutan_,
& la Terre tout tu sçais toute chose, tu fais bien
 
k_hititin naspich, tanté_
ie te dis entierement comment

댓글 없음: