2016년 9월 25일 일요일

Willow Pollen 9

Willow Pollen 9



WAIT AWHILE
 
 
I
 
If you would know my mother-heart,
Then wait awhile, be still;
Watch for the settling dusky light,
The silence, on the hill;
And wait awhile, be still.
 
 
II
 
Love, heed the clap of little hands,
Of leaves upon my trees;
And hear the travelling of the wind,
The moving of the seas;
Then wait awhile, be still.
 
 
III
 
If you would know my mother-heart,
But watch the wasting day!
The wind steps softly in the corn,
The light slips to the hill;
Love, wait awhile, be still.
 
 
 
 
INDIAN SUMMER
 
 
Blossoms shaken from their star forms
Back to earth,
Flying seedlings warm and waiting
Drift in sunlight with the going
Of the birds towards the south!
 
Birds are going!
They will sing before they go,
Fill the orchard with their mirth:
Song of harvest, song of summer, song of springtime,--
They remember it was April long ago!
 
We are parting,
You are going towards the south!
Love was birth.
Is this dying,--
Death my harvest, grief my summer, tears my springtime?...
Well, kiss me kindly,
Song is warmest on the mouth!
Give me love before you go!
 
 
 
 
A THOUSAND YEARS
 
 
A thousand years from now
No one will know that you and I
Lifted our arms to touch the sky
And clasped an empty vow,--
No one will know,
We loved so long ago!
 
A thousand years from now
We shall not hear the cry of hope
Linger, remember, echo, grope,
While mornings glow
And evenings come and go!
 
A thousand years from now
No one will know that we have slept
Breast to each other’s breast and wept,--
No one will know
We loved so long ago!
 
A thousand years from now
We shall not see love welcome death,
Dreams harden into frosted breath,
Spring burn the apple bough
While mornings glow
And evenings come and go!
 
 
 
 
THE BROKEN DOOR
 
 
This is the place! I know
The broken door, the ragged bed of bloom
Where poppies grow,
Row after row.
 
This is the place.
A year ago, her footprint
Marked the garden path
With tender hollow.
 
But now?
Time’s step is slow to follow.
 
 
 
 
ONLY YOUR NAME
 
 
Sometimes I wake from sleep
Only your name drawing across my lips
In creeping wind from unlit space,
No star sparks flickering on that wind,
No signal tree top touched with racing light,
No lantern-memory hung to show the way;
Only a pathless name,
Dark, terrible, meaningless because most near!
And yet I never knew you,--
Only your name and pain!
 
 
 
 
REPETENDS
 
 
In the still woods I find your eyes,
I hear your voice once more
And the far-singing hermit thrush
Beyond our northern door.
 
In the still woods pale repetends
I find of death and grief
In fallen nest and perished bee
And sepulchre of leaf.
 
 
 
 
TOO LATE
 
 
It is too long, too long!
My heart grows old with grieving
For the touch of you.
 
It is too far, too far!
My eyes are dazed
With searching emptiness,--
The dark, the blurred horizon
With its dust of other feet.
 
It is too late, too late!
Gray thoughts stalk round me
With their death.
I strike my tent,
I go.
Not even dreams can bring you now,--
Too long, too far, too late!
 
 
 
 
THE TIDE
 
 
I shall find you when the tide comes in,--
A shell, a sound, a flash of light
To live with me by day,
To dream with me by night.
 
You come and go
As waters flow;
You lap me round
You pour me full;
A shell at rest
You touch my breast.
I feel your will,
And I am bound
By light, by sound;
To love you still.
 
I shall find you when the tide comes in,--
A shell, a sound, a flash of light.
Men say you died.

댓글 없음: