2015년 11월 2일 월요일

Ronaynes Handbook Of Freemasonry 36

Ronaynes Handbook Of Freemasonry 36



The following questions and answers are Masonic-
airy termed "the lecture," and is that upon which the
candidate must be closely examined before receiving
the Master Mason's degree. Every stranger also who
desires to visit, is examined on these lectures, and none
will be allowed a seat in the lodge unless proficient in
this catechism. The brother who has "posted" the
candidate usually examines him as follows :
 
lecture:.
 
Q. "Will you be off or from?"
A. "From."
 
Q. "From what to what?"
 
A. "From the degree of Entered Apprentice to
that of Fellow Craft."
 
Q. "Are you a Fellow Craft?"
 
A. "I am, try me."
 
Q. "How will you be tried ? "
 
A. "By the square."
 
Q. "Why by the square? "
 
A. "Because it is an emblem of morality and one
of the working tools of a Fellow Craft."
Q. "What is a square?"
 
A. "An angle of ninety degrees or the fourth
part of a circle."
 
Q. "What makes you a Fellow Craft? "
A. "My obligation."
 
Q. "Where were you made a Fellow Craft?"
A. "In a regularly constituted lodge of Fellow
Crafts."
 
 
 
148
 
 
 
I^CTURE ON SECOND DEGREE).
 
 
 
V49
 
 
 
Q. "How were you prepared?"
 
A. "By being divested of all metals, neither
naked nor clad, bare-foot nor shod, hood-winked and
with a cable-tow twice around my naked right arm, in
which condition I was conducted to the door of the
lodge by a brother."
 
Q. "Why had you a cable-tow twice around your
right arm?"
 
A. "To signify that as a Fellow Craft I was un-
der a double tie to the fraternity."
 
Q. "How gained you admission?''
 
A. "By three distinct knocks."
 
O, "What was said to you from within ? "
 
A. "Who comes here ? "
 
0. "Your answer?"
 
A, "Bro. James Hunt, who has been regularly
initiated as an Entered Apprentice and now seeks more
light in Masonry bv being passed to the degree of
Fellow Craft."
 
Q. "What were you then asked?"
 
A. "If it was of my own free-will and accord;
if I was worthy and well qualified, duly and truly
prepared, and had made suitable proficiency in the
preceding degree ; all of which being answered in the
affirmative I was asked by what further right or bene-
fit I expected to gain admission?"
 
Q. "Your answer?"
 
A. "By the benefit of the pass."
 
Q. "Did you give the pass?"
 
A. "I did not, but my conductor gave it for me."
 
Q. "How were you then disposed of?"
 
A. "I was directed to wait with patience until
the Worshipful Master was informed of my request
and his answer returned?"
 
 
 
150 HAND' BOOK CF FREEMASONRY.
 
Q. "What answer did he return?"
 
A. "Let him enter in the name of the Lord and
be received in due form."
 
Q. "How were you received?"
 
A, "On the angle of a square applied to my.
naked right breast, which was to teach me that the
square of virtue should be the rule and guide of my
conduct in all my future transactions with mankind."
 
Q. "How were you then disposed of?"
 
A. "I was conducted twice around the lodge to
the Junior Warden in the South, where the same ques-
tions were asked and like answers returned as at the
door/'
 
Q. "How did the Junior Warden dispose of
you?"
 
A. "He directed me to the Senior Warden in the
West, and he to the Worshipful Master in the East,
where the same questions were asked and like answers
returned as before."
 
Q. "How did the Worshipful Master dispose of
you?"
 
A. "He ordered me to be reconducted to the
Senior Warden in the West, who taught me to ap-
proach the East by two upright regular steps, my
feet forming the angle of a square, my body erect at
the altar before the Worshipful Master."
 
Q. "What did the Worshipful Master then do
with you?"
 
A. "He made me a Fellow Craft Mason in due
form.
 
Q. "What is that due form?"
 
A. "Kneeling on my naked right knee, my left
forming a square, my right hand resting on the Holy
Bible, square and compass, my left arm forming a
 
 
 
LECTURE ON SECOND DEGREE. 151
 
right angle supported by a square, in which due form
I took upon myself the solemn oath or obligation of a
Fellow Craft Maso^ which is as follows." (See page
122.)
 
Q. "After taking the obligation what were you
asked?"
 
A. "What I most desired."
 
Q. "Your answer?"
 
A. "More light in Masonry."
 
Q. "Did you receive more light in Masonry?"
 
A. "I did, by order of the Worshipful Master
and the assistance of the brethren."
 
Q. "Upon being brought to light what did you
discover more than before?"
 
A. "One point of the compass elevated above
the square, which was to teach me that I had as yet
received light in Masonry but partially."
 
Q. "What did you next discover?"
 
A. "The Worshipful Master approaching me
from the East, under the due-guard and sign of a Fel-
low Craft, who, in token of the continuance of friend-
ship and brotherly love, presented me with his right
hand and with it the pass, token of the pass, grip and
word of a Fellow Craft, ordered me to arise and salute
the Junior and Senior Wardens as such."
 
Q. "After saluting the Wardens, what did you
next discover ? "
 
A. "The Worshipful Master, who ordered me
to be re-conducted to the Senior Warden in the West,
who taught me how to wear my apron as a Fellow
Craft."
 
Q. "How should a Fellow Craft wear his
apron?"
 
A. "With the , bib turned down, and the left corner turned up in the form of a triangle."

댓글 없음: